Tar Heel Kids Consignment is extremely grateful for all our volunteer workers at each sale! Tar Heel Kids Consignment knows that you are incredibly valuable to the success of the sale running smoothly each season.
NEW VOLUNTEER POLICY:
In advance, thank you for your time! Please know how much we appreciate your time and effort each and every season! We understand that things come up, sick child or other events that prevent you from completing your volunteer shift; however, we plan the volunteer schedule based on the needs of the sale. If you have registered for a shift and do not fulfill your shift, it hurts the production of the sale from set-up to break down and pick up. In an effort to be fair to all volunteers, Tar Heel Kids Volunteer new policy:
- 24 Hour Notice of Volunteer Cancellation to Lee Anne Caney email@example.com
- Volunteer MUST remove themselves from the shift
- Volunteer shifts will LOCK Sunday at 8PM before set up on Monday
- If you are a REGISTERED consignor and scheduled to Volunteer and DO NOT show up for your shift OR give 24 hour notice will have percentage of sale reduced from 65% of consignment to 50% and will not be able to shop during presale shopping.
This new policy was based on several shifts last season that were filled months in advance, but volunteers did not show up, cancel or email. It is critical that we have the volunteers to work each shift. If volunteers do not show up, drop off is backed up, check out is slowed down, breakdowncan be very stressful. Volunteers are one of the cornerstones of the sale, and we need you! Thanks for your help!
If you are considering signing up to be a volunteer worker at a sale, or if you are already signed up, here are a few tips and suggestions that you might find helpful.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. You may be standing for a majority of your work shift and we want you to be comfortable!
- The tasks assigned to workers during their shift are dependent on the needs of a shift. Tar Heel Kids Consignment will always give complete and detailed instructions to workers so that they will be comfortable with the tasks assigned to them.
- Drop off day workers usually help us inspect and place clothing items on the sales floor as they come in.
- Sunday is dedicated to the sorting and breakdown organization of the sale.
- Workers must sign-in on the computer with Lee Anne as they arrive for their work shift.
- After volunteers are signed in, they will get a volunteer apron to wear during their shift. The apron helps shoppers and others know who is a volunteer worker.
- Please do not leave valuables in your car!
- Our goal is to make your work experience enjoyable and pleasant. We try to have fun while we are working the sale! We look forward to having you join us!
- Workers should not bring their young children with them to work. Rare exceptions have been made for nursing infants, but the appeal must be made and approved before signing up to work.
Tar Heel Kids Consignment has lots of ways to volunteer, please be sure to check out all of the options that are available.