How to Prepare your items:
- Always Log onto your account through the Tar Heel Kids Consignment Log on Link found on the homepage of the website
- Select Enter Items (top menu button)
- Enter Price /Click Discount or Donate /Size
- Description (remember to include if item is new with tags!)
- Category (make sure you change between items ie: clothing, accessories, toys, etc.) *Every clothing item must have a category and size to be accepted for sale. Any CLOTHING items marked SEE DESCRIPTION or BLANK CATEGORY will be returned at the end of the sale.
- Decide how many of these tags that you want to create: ie: If you have a lot of sleepers, blankets, etc. this will determine the number of tags to print (neat and saves time!)
If you need to transfer items between seasons or sales please click HERE. Please note, you must have the same tag and consignor number to transfer items between sales other than Tar Heel Kids Consignment.
Finally, You do not have to enter all of your items at one time. Your tags will be saved and you can pick-up where you left off.
Consignors must mark each item with masking tape or computer generated labels with their consignor number, price and, and use WHITE cardstock paper.
Please sort items by size and gender. Keep ALL BOUTIQUE clothing separate. For a list of boutique brands CLICK HERE
Card stock tags are less likely to fall off your items. Labeling each item is YOUR insurance policy that if your tag falls off we can either identify it to sell at check out, match the lost tag, or return it to you at the end of the sale.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT TAGGING:
- Please only use (1) one safety pin per card, oriented vertically,
- Minimum item price of $1.00. Only $1.00 increments. No $3.50, etc.
- After you have tagged your items, please bundle your clothing by size and gender. Please use rubber bands to keep sizes together! Keep ALL BOUTIQUE clothing separate. For a list of boutique brands CLICK HERE Thanks for your help, this step will expedite the check-in process.
- PLEASE ONLY PRINT ON ONE SIDE OF THE CARD and USE ONLY ONE CARD PER ITEM. Items that have double-sided tags will not be sold and returned at the end of the sale.
- Competitively price your items. PRICE TO SELL! What would you pay? Normally 25-30% of retail is a good general figure to go by when pricing your items. We'd rather give you a bigger check than a lot of unsold items! See our Pricing Tips for more details on pricing your items. CLICK HERE
Tar Heel Kids Consignment has put together some helpful very short videos on how to tag each of these items. Please see
Looking down at the garment, attach the tag vertically (up and down) with a safety pin (please do not use a straight pin) near the upper right side of the garment. All clothing items should be hung with the hook facing left.(like a question mark) Please use safety pins to hang pants, shorts and other accessories on the back on the shoulders rather than folding them over the hanger or pinning at the botton of a top. This will pull and possible tear your garment. Any clothing items that are not tagged correctly will be declined and returned at the end of the sale, including wrong season and too many items per restricted sizes Newborn through and including 24 Months.
Please use zip ties or large safety pins to attach shoes. Pin card securely to shoes. Please DO NOT use CLEAR packing tape around the entire shoe as it will leave a sticky residue on the shoes! PLEASE DO NOT USE SHOE BOXES! YOUR SHOES WILL BE SEPARATED FROM THE BOX!
LIMIT 20 PAIR per consignor (This is a total number per consignor. We love selling shoes; however we cannot accept 40,50, sometimes 80 pairs of shoes from one consignor. Bring your best! Thanks for your help.) Please remember to check back by inspection, any shoes not picked up will be donated. Thanks
TAGGING OTHER ITEMS – All items brought to the sale MUST be in working order. Please do not bring items that are broken, battery packs that are corroded, dirty, or are missing parts. Those items will be pulled from the floor and returned at the end of the sale.
Toys, books, videos & small items can be placed in Ziploc bags. The bag's contents should be thoroughly described on the card. Please use clear packing tape to seal the bag shut to help keep hands out and pieces in.
*Video games will be checked at drop off and sealed by a Tar Heel Kids Consignment volunteer. Please drop off at the Boutique Section.
*ANY SMALL ITEM / TOY that is priced OVER $20.00 MUST be left with a volunteer at the Accessory Section (near shoes). Items can include, but not limited to train sets, toys, and diaper bags. If you have a question, please ask the volunteer.
****Please be sure all pieces and parts are included with games and puzzles. Shoppers hate to get home with their new treasures and find that they are missing pieces and parts or broken!
On large items, simply tape the tag to the item for easy viewing and removal. If the item includes extra parts, please make note of them in the item's description. IMPORTANT: Place masking tape with your consignor number & price on the bottom or underneath side of each large item.
It is critical that all small pieces and toy parts are securely attached and labeled with consignor number and price. Tar Heel Kids cannot be responsible for missing items.
Tar Heel Kids Consignment is so excited about how our book section has grown over the past few seasons!
We have organized our books with crates per type of book including board books, picture books, early readers, chapter books, homeschool curriculum and parenting books.
Over the seasons we have seen many ways consignors have packaged their books.
- if the books are small enough to bundle in a gallon zip lock bag, tape the top of the bag and tape the tag on the OUTSIDE of the bag.
- If the books CANNOT fit in a gallon bag, we suggest using saran wrap to “wrap” the books and tape the tag on the outside of the bag.
Many times when the tag is taken off the book(s) it will rip the cover of the book. Both of these solutions are low-cost way to protect the books you are trying to sell! Happy wrapping!
For a list of boutique brands that we have accepted in the past click the button.
FINAL TAGGING STEP:
Please write your consignor number and price on masking tape or use computer generated labels with your consignor number and price and place on EVERY item you bring to drop off. This is YOUR insurance policy that if your tag falls off we can either identify it, still sell it and match the lost tag or return it to you at the end of the sale.
NO STUFFED ANIMALS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Any stuffed animals brought to sale and dropped off will be removed from the floor and donated. Thanks for your help.