White Card Stock Paper (found at Walmart / Target)
Wire or Plastic Hangers
Avery Address Labels
Gallon Ziploc Bags
XL Ziploc Bags (if selling large toys or bedding sets)
Highlighter (any color)
*Tagging Gun Not Accepted: Tags rub between clothes and tend to fall off items.
How to Prepare your items:
- Always Log onto your account through the Tar Heel Kids Consignment Log on Link found on the homepage of the website
- Select Enter Items (top menu button)
- Enter Price /Click Discount or Donate /Size
- Description (remember to include if item is new with tags!)
- Category (make sure you change between items ie: clothing, accessories, toys, etc.) *Every clothing item must have a category and size to be accepted for sale. Any CLOTHING items marked SEE DESCRIPTION or BLANK CATEGORY will be returned at the end of the sale.
- Decide how many of these tags that you want to create: ie: If you have a lot of sleepers, blankets, etc. this will determine the number of tags to print (neat and saves time!)
If you need to transfer items between seasons or sales please click HERE. Please note, you must have the same tag and consignor number to transfer items between sales other than Tar Heel Kids Consignment.
Finally, You do not have to enter all of your items at one time. Your tags will be saved and you can pick-up where you left off.
Consignors must mark each item with masking tape or computer generated labels with their consignor number, price and, and use WHITE cardstock paper.
Please sort items by size and gender. Keep ALL BOUTIQUE clothing separate. For a list of boutique brands CLICK HERE
Card stock tags are less likely to fall off your items. Labeling each item is YOUR insurance policy that if your tag falls off we can either identify it to sell at check out, match the lost tag, or return it to you at the end of the sale.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT TAGGING:
- Please only use (1) one safety pin per card, oriented vertically,
- Minimum item price of $1.00. Only $1.00 increments. No $3.50, etc.
- After you have tagged your items, please bundle your clothing by size and gender. Please use rubber bands to keep sizes together! Keep ALL BOUTIQUE clothing separate. For a list of boutique brands CLICK HERE Thanks for your help, this step will expedite the check-in process.
- PLEASE ONLY PRINT ON ONE SIDE OF THE CARD and USE ONLY ONE CARD PER ITEM. Items that have double-sided tags will not be sold and returned at the end of the sale.
- Competitively price your items. PRICE TO SELL! What would you pay? Normally 25-30% of retail is a good general figure to go by when pricing your items. We'd rather give you a bigger check than a lot of unsold items! See our Pricing Tips for more details on pricing your items. CLICK HERE
Tar Heel Kids Consignment has put together some helpful very short videos on how to tag each of these items. Please see
Looking down at the garment, attach the tag vertically (up and down) with a safety pin (please do not use a straight pin) near the upper right side of the garment. All clothing items should be hung with the hook facing left.(like a question mark) Please use safety pins to hang pants, shorts and other accessories on the back on the shoulders rather than folding them over the hanger or pinning at the botton of a top. This will pull and possible tear your garment. Any clothing items that are not tagged correctly will be declined and returned at the end of the sale, including wrong season and too many items per restricted sizes Newborn through and including 24 Months.
Please use zip ties or large safety pins to attach shoes. Pin card securely to shoes. Please DO NOT use CLEAR packing tape around the entire shoe as it will leave a sticky residue on the shoes! PLEASE DO NOT USE SHOE BOXES! YOUR SHOES WILL BE SEPARATED FROM THE BOX!
LIMIT 20 PAIR per consignor (This is a total number per consignor. We love selling shoes; however we cannot accept 40,50, sometimes 80 pairs of shoes from one consignor. Bring your best! Thanks for your help.) Please remember to check back by inspection, any shoes not picked up will be donated. Thanks
TAGGING OTHER ITEMS – All items brought to the sale MUST be in working order. Please do not bring items that are broken, battery packs that are corroded, dirty, or are missing parts. Those items will be pulled from the floor and returned at the end of the sale.
Toys, books, videos & small items can be placed in Ziploc bags. The bag's contents should be thoroughly described on the card. Please use clear packing tape to seal the bag shut to help keep hands out and pieces in.
*Video games will be checked at drop off and sealed by a Tar Heel Kids Consignment volunteer. Please drop off at the Boutique Section.
*ANY SMALL ITEM / TOY that is priced OVER $20.00 MUST be left with a volunteer at the Accessory Section (near shoes). Items can include, but not limited to train sets, toys, and diaper bags. If you have a question, please ask the volunteer.
****Please be sure all pieces and parts are included with games and puzzles. Shoppers hate to get home with their new treasures and find that they are missing pieces and parts or broken!
On large items, simply tape the tag to the item for easy viewing and removal. If the item includes extra parts, please make note of them in the item's description. IMPORTANT: Place masking tape with your consignor number & price on the bottom or underneath side of each large item.
It is critical that all small pieces and toy parts are securely attached and labeled with consignor number and price. Tar Heel Kids cannot be responsible for missing items.
Tar Heel Kids Consignment is so excited about how our book section has grown over the past few seasons!
We have organized our books with crates per type of book including board books, picture books, early readers, chapter books, homeschool curriculum and parenting books.
Over the seasons we have seen many ways consignors have packaged their books.
- if the books are small enough to bundle in a gallon zip lock bag, tape the top of the bag and tape the tag on the OUTSIDE of the bag.
- If the books CANNOT fit in a gallon bag, we suggest using saran wrap to “wrap” the books and tape the tag on the outside of the bag.
Many times when the tag is taken off the book(s) it will rip the cover of the book. Both of these solutions are low-cost way to protect the books you are trying to sell! Happy wrapping!
For a list of boutique brands that we have accepted in the past click the button.
FINAL TAGGING STEP:
Please write your consignor number and price on masking tape or use computer generated labels with your consignor number and price and place on EVERY item you bring to drop off. This is YOUR insurance policy that if your tag falls off we can either identify it, still sell it and match the lost tag or return it to you at the end of the sale.
NO STUFFED ANIMALS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Any stuffed animals brought to sale and dropped off will be removed from the floor and donated. Thanks for your help.
How to Enter Items
How to Tag Clothing Items
How to Tag Shoes
How to Mark Donated Tags
20 Item limit for the following departments:
Clothing - sizes Newborn and including 24 months. This limit does not include jammies, coats, sweaters, costumes, or boutique items.
This limit means: 20 items per size, per gender. For example, 20 items Newborn/Girl, 20 items 0-3MO/Girl, 20 items 3-6MO Girl, etc. This limit is PER SIZE NOT a total number of items for sizes Newborn and including 24 months.
Moms, this is only a PARTIAL list of acceptable items to give you some ideas to help clean out your closets! If you have any questions about an item, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Children's clothing newborn to Juniors size 8. Must be applicable to the upcoming season. Please do not tag women’s clothing for the JUNIORS Section.
- Please refer to Accepted Teen and Maternity Brands.
- PLEASE DO NOT USE Sizes XS, Small, Med, Large, XL for sizing of your items.
- Children's shoes only - no adult-styled shoes please!
- Maternity - must be CURRENT STYLE and CURRENT SEASON.
- Halloween costumes accepted at all fall sales.
- Swimwear accepted at all spring sales.
- Dancewear accepted at any sale.
- Jeans accepted at any sale.
- Palmetto Kids Consignment does not accept onesies or other clothing in Ziploc bags. All items, including onesises must be on a hanger.
- Please be sure that socks, tights, hats, etc are CLEAN!
- Boutique Items, please see brands accepted
Infant & Child Accessories
- Nursing/Feeding supplies, diaper bags, blankets, etc. (NO USED NIPPLES OR PACIFIERS PLEASE)
- Nursery needs: diapers, (cloth diapers are in high demand) diaper pails, potty chairs, bath seats, guardrails, etc.
- Hats, hairbows, belts/ties, etc. Gloves, mittens and scarves accepted at fall sales. Please note that we have a hairbow vendor at the sale. Please do not bring a large quantity of bows or hairbands with a display to put out on the sale floor.
Bedding & Décor
- Picture frames, mobiles, rugs, lamps & more - MUST be infant/child themed
- Bedding sets, sheets, mattress pads, pillows, etc.
Toys, Books, Puzzles, Home School Materials, Videos
PLEASE CHECK RECALL LIST
- Must be in working order with all pieces
- Include batteries
- No stuffed animals, please
- No videos without covers! Please make sure the video and cover match!
- Please be sure that CD/DVD’s are not scratched!
- No R-rated or home-recorded videos
Non Accepted Items
Due to the number of recalls, Tar Heel Kids Consignment NO LONGER ACCEPTS cribs of any type and Breast Pumps. Tar Heel Kids Consignment CAN accept co-sleepers and pack-n-plays.
- www.recalls.gov online resource for U.S. Government recalls.
- Out-of-Date, Out of Season, Faded, Stained or With Holes
- No Stuff Animals
- No Car Seats
- No Car Seat Bases
- Breast Pumps
- Baby Food (including formula and food in jars/cans)
*Please note we CAN sell strollers, but CANNOT sell CARSEATS with strollers (Travel Systems) (please do not include in the sale, we will have to pull the items)
- Adult-themed items
- Opened bath products and lotions
How to Transfer Items Between Sales
Transferring Items from one season to another or from another sale:
- Log onto your account http://www.myconsignmentmanager.com/tottradecharlotte
- Click Manage Inventory from the top menu
- Move to Search Criteria Box and select your consignment from which you will be transferring items and click ITEMS NOT SOLD and click GENERATE ITEMS LIST
- Using your items as a guide look at the item number of the items that you want to transfer (this number will be found under the bar code, second number for example: 01153 – 32 – 2.00 – 0 (your item number is 32) you will check this item’s box
- Under the Items Transfer menu click select consignment and select the sale that you want to transfer your items to
- click transfer and follow prompts
- Please note, you will not have to reprint these items or retag these items; however ONLY transfer items that you will be bringing to the sale. Depending on the number of items that you transfer this will only take a few minutes to transfer your items. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com